Get Natural Pain Relief from Joint Pain in Jacksonville
Joint injuries are very common in athletes, construction laborers, movers and others who perform repetitive motions for their jobs. Typical injuries usually occur in the back, knees, ankles, wrists, shoulders and elbows. These joints tend to swell and cause inflammation and redness in the area limiting their range of motion.
If you're currently living with chronic joint pain in the Jacksonville, FL area, Integrated Healthcare Solutions is here to provide natural, drug-free pain relief.
Common Reasons Why You Are Experiencing Joint Pain in Jacksonville
A joint is where two or more bones come together, such as the knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow. Joints can be damaged by many types of injuries. Joint injuries often occur from contact working, athletics/sports, car accidents, etc. Sometimes it can range from sprains/strains to fractures and dislocations. Common joint injuries include:
- Rotator cuff injury: A rotator cuff injury affects one or more of a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder to keep it in the joint. A rotator cuff injury can cause aches & pains in your shoulder.
- SI Joint Dysfunction (Sacroiliac joint) is one of the more common causes of low back pain. The SI joint is one of the larger joints in the body and is held together by very strong ligaments. This joint will usually cause a dull ache on one side of your low back.
- Runners knee: Runners knee refers to a number of overuse injuries involving pain around your knee. You will usually feel the pain behind or around the kneecap when you walk, kneel or run. Sometimes your knee may even swell up from this particular injury.
- Sprained ankle: A sprained ankle is an injury that happens if you roll, twist, or turn your ankle in an awkward way. This can stretch or tear the ligaments of tissue that help hold your ankle bones together. The ligaments are what stabilize the joints preventing excessive movement. The most common sprain is to the anterior talo-fibular ligament during an inversion or roll of your ankle.
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis Elbow is when the tendons of the lateral elbow become inflamed. This is usually caused by the overuse of the extensor muscles in the forearm. You will most likely feel pain in this area when you lift something, open a door, and even when raising your hand.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid Arthritis is a chronic progressive disease that causes your joints to become swollen, increase in redness, increase in heat with an inflamed feeling. This can result in painful deformity and immobility, mostly in the fingers, wrists, and feet.
Natural Pain Relief Treatment for Joint Pain in Jacksonville FL
There are many different treatment options for joint problems but it depends on the cause. If it is from a sports injury, more than likely you will be referred to a Chiropractic physician or physical therapist. The chiropractor will usually perform a spinal adjustment to the joints and therapy to the soft tissues.
This spinal adjustment results in a release called cavitation, which is oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide shifting inside the joint when it is pushed past its normal (active) range of motion. Chiropractors work to correct the underlying cause of joint dysfunctions so that your body can restore its normal range of motion in the region of the injured joint.